Thursday, September 20, 2012

I really love you, Stampin' Up!


Have you ever crafted something that just made you smile? It can be the simplest project that gives you the most satisfaction sometimes.

The other day I was getting projects ready for a Stampers Club night. As per normal, I was feeling a lot of stress; finding time to make the projects and prepare for the class, the usual family drama and stress, some workplace issues, housework-laundry-chores stress...and financial stress due to the horror that is September.

I started with this


Plain old Basic Black and Very Vanilla card stock. I pulled out an old favorite wheel, which lets face it, most of us aren't using much these days. Sit back for a moment and try to remember when the last time you used one of your Stampin' Around wheels was. Not one of mine, or one of a different demonstrators wheels...your own. Here's a challenge: tell me when the last time was in the comment section and I will brighten your mailbox with a beautiful wheeled creation.

I used Music Notes (120327). It's so pretty, and instantly gave me the look of beautiful patterned paper.



I also used some tags printed with MDS and the Lots of Tags Sizzlets (114508), some Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon (119960) some Soft Suede ink and a stampin' sponge and Kablamo (I really dislike the disgusting over use of 'voila' or even worse 'walla' so today I am trying out 'Kablamo' :-) now I've got a totally beeeyuuuuteeful card!

 

It made me smile, sigh a happy little sigh and remember why I love stamping so much.

Alas, the happiness was short lived. This morning I dropped my iPad and smashed the screen. I just went and wheeled a piece of card stock, but it turns out even a pretty wheel isn't going to put me in a better mood today. Next I'm going to try folding laundry.

If for some reason that doesn't work I will try wine.

Or go straight to the wine.

Bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment