Monday, September 3, 2012

Garden Stakes

Have you seen these before? I think I posted a picture of them with my open house/anniversary photos. They make me smile every time I see them in my garden, so I thought I'd chat a bit more about them.

 
The Hub calls this material 'flashing'. I put that in quotes because I refer to it as 'that roll of shiny metal stuff in the shop that is always in the road that I think you used when you were shingling the roof'. He knew what I meant. Nuff said.


I found a pair of tin snips and cut off a long strip of it just wide enough that it would still pass through my Big Shot. Then, I just kept feeding it through the Big Shot with different dies. I wouldn't use Sizzlets or other thin dies, but the Originals and Bigz work great! So do the Textured Impressions Embossing Folders. Be careful, the edges are sharp, and you'll want to pick out the little slivers of metal that are left in your die--carefully. If you want to stamp them, you'll want to use Staz On ink. I used my Crop-a-dilemma (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, my iPad autocorrected Crop-a-Dile to Crop-a-dilemma...too funny!) to punch any holes that needed to be punched and stuck things that needed to be stuck together with brads.

You should make some too, I'd love to see them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment