Sunday, June 10, 2012

Paper Beads and new stuff




Here's a card I made for my 'Sixth Swap' group this month. I used pretty new paper and stamps from the new catalog. I also took some inspiration from Stampin' Up!s demonstrator only magazine this month and made some paper beads. They're easy, and fun and they make pretty accents.

Cut a pennant shaped piece of paper, experiment with sizes...the one for the bead on my card is probably 1.5" wide at the bottom and about 4" longish. Put some white glue from the pointed tip to near the fat end, but not all the way or it will stick to the toothpick. Starting at the wide end, roll up the paper over a toothpick. The glue will help it stick together. Set the toothpick over the rim of a small glass etc. so the bead can dry. I brushed a bit of Crystal Effects over my finished, dried bead so it would be shiny and purty...what do you think?



StampSets: Betsy's Blossoms
Cardstock: Rich Razzelberry, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Floral Destrict DSP
Ink: Rich Razzelberry and Daffodil Delight Classic, Versamark
Accessories: White EP, Daffodil Delight Stitched Ribbon, Beautiful Butterflies die, Crystal Effects, Scallop Trim border punch, 2 1/2" circle punch, 3/16" corner punch, sticky strip, Simply Scored

This weeks mission: figure out how to get a little thingy along the side of my blog that links you directly to the online catalog and my online store. If someone were to give me a hint with this I sure would be happy. In the meantime, you'll just have to head there the old fashioned way.... By heading to http://Valerie.stampinup.net.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment